Friday, August 13, 2010

What a day!!

What a great day!!  As you all may know, Micah's surgery was successful!  God is good and he does answer prayer! 

 I also want to thank his surgeon, Doctor Theodore.  Before the surgery, he spent some time with us along side Micah.  Dr Theodore is a very large man.  He took his big hand and gently touched little Micah's cheek.  "Oh buddy" he said, softly.  He then turned to me, looked me in the eye and said " I'll treat Micah as if I were operating on my own son".  I believed him.  He did an incredible job, not only with my son, but with comforting us.  We're truly thankful that Dr. Theodore was our surgeon.

This is a huge step forward, but we have miles to go.  Now that Micah's neck is repaired, the focus is on recovery.  Over the next few days, the doctors will be pushing him when they can by reducing his ventilator and sedative.  The hope is to have Micah off of the ventilator and sedation as soon as possible.  We're in a race against time.  The longer he's on the ventilator, the harder it is on his lungs.  He also runs risks of infection from all of the tubes he has in him.  Please continue to pray for these things specifically.

We'll do our best to keep you updated as Micah continues to improve.  I'm convinced that your prayers are driving his recovery.  I can't thank you all enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment