Monday, August 30, 2010

Micah Andrews - UPDATE

Hello all,

Sorry it's been a few days. I had the opportunity to visit Micah Saturday & get some updates. Largely he was doing the same but slowing progressing with his therapy. It's difficult for doctors to speak in "averages" because everyone is so different & injuries vary but it appears Micah is making strides. Last night John e-mailed me the following:

"Hey Dave.

Micah had a huge day today!!  You saw him yesterday.  He was really starting to use his right side and his eyes were tracking more center-right.  We saw a lot more activity out of him as well.  Today was even better.

When I walked in the room, Heather said "Watch this".  She teased him a bit with a pillow, then placed it on his chest.  He proceeded to "fight" it off with both arms and legs!  He was giggling and smiling the whole time.

I had to do it too!   He was really pushing on it.  I was blown away with how much strength he had.  He really had command over all of his limbs.  He's still not very accurate with reaching for things, but I'll take it!  Today was a true miracle.  I wish you could have seen him.  This week is going to be awesome. "

I absolutely love John's optimism! That said, it's hard not to be excited about this progress. I told him it's one of the most encouraging things I've ever heard. It's funny - Yesterday in bible study we had a question posed to our small group that asked "to name a person, living or dead, who's influenced your life." Of course most, including myself said Jesus who obviously has but we also named others. The truth is anyone I named, in one way or another, was encouraging to me because I could see Christ playing a role in their life. After thinking about it this morning, I'm adding Micah to my list of people who encourage me. Again because of the enormous & clear presence of Christ in his life. I'm also encouraged but John & Heather's faith in the face of tragedy. Instead of tearing them apart, it's brought them closer together. Instead of "testing" their faith, it's strengthened it. This is ONLY possible because of Christ in their lives & their obedience to Him.

It's unfortunate that the situation is what it is but I'm so blessed & thankful that I can grow in Christ through of it. I'm incredibly encouraged & hope you are too!

Keep praying & God bless you all!

Sincerely,

David S. Mendel, REALTOR®, CRS, ABR, CDPE, e-PRO
RE/MAX Renaissance Realty
Valley Premier Team
www.ValleyPremierTeam.com
9059 W Lake Pleasant Pkwy, Suite B200
Peoria, Arizona 85382
(O) 623-889-2575
(M) 602-291-3283
(F) 866-813-4935

1 comment:

  1. It was really great to visit you guys and get a chance to see Micah tonight. He is an amazing little guy surrounded by so much love and support. He has definitely improved from even just a week ago when my parents and I first came to see him. Thank you for allowing us to visit and stay updated on all the progress he makes. I will definitely keep praying for Micah to heal and your family to keep strong. Much love and god bless you all--kimmie

    ReplyDelete